Twice upon a time...

June 25, 2010

A Tribute To Our Fathers

 Let's start with papa's side of the tree.  This is Christopher's father's father, Curtis. 
He had many children. 

This is a photograph of his 3 older sons addressed
 "to their grand-daddy Arthur Steward", Detroit 1948?
The boy in the center is baby Terry. 

Terry grew up and became an amazing actor,
a world famous zombie slayer,
and also a father to his son, baby Christopher.
NYC, 1974

Baby Christopher grew into a darling little boy.
California, 1977

The little boy grew and became a kid.
NYC, 1978

The kid grew up and became a dashing young man, with kung-fu skills.
NYC, 1990?

The young man matured into a handsome detective,
became a screen playwright (soon to be world famous),
and then a father to twin daughters.
Cold Spring Village, 2005

The twinkies have a bonus paternal grandfather, Grand Den.

Now, mama's side of the tree.  
Here's me at 3 days old in 'my first picture with daddy' Arturo Baquilar.

This is a newborn me and my sister Ate Didi with our father's parents,
Lolo Sabas + Lola Paula
Makati Medical Hospital, 1969

 Here's a pic of my dad and 2 (of 3) baby daughters.
Mom + Dad had another baby daughter - Xenia Fay - seven years later.
Our father never got to meet any of his grandchildren.  May he Rest In Peace.

This is little me clinging to my Lolo - my mom's father, Baldomero Gueron.
 Philippines, 1972

 Here's a pic of my Lolo who raised me in the Philippines.

Celebrating each of our fathers,
grandfathers, great-grandfathers, and all our fathers before them.
Happy Father's Day... Week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails