Twice upon a time...

April 27, 2011

Homemade Snow Cones

I can't believe THIS machine still lives!  It's the same one my sisters and I used when we were kids.
I remember making shave ice for a special Filipino "halo-halo" dessert.

But the best part about this manually operated machine is: it uses NO electricity, and requires NO batteries.  Instead, it uses a bountiful natural resource to us... twin power!  They love taking turns turning the crank to make the 'snow.'  Then we use our regular juice to flavor our homemade snow-cone, instead of sugary grenadine syrup.  

So the end result is not store bought, puts out zero waste, uses natural energy, is healthy, hydrating, and keeps them delightfully entertained.  I think it is safe to say we scored high on the "Go Green" campaign.

Because here in our home, and on our home planet, 
every day is earth day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails