Twice upon a time...

November 17, 2010

First Report Card

"Report Card Day is Tomorrow" blinked the elementary school's digital billboard.  My first thought was - I'm glad those billboards weren't around when I was in school.  Of course, I whipped out my mama-cam and snapped some pics of this momentous school day.  (Don't they look smart? :)

Here they are with their friend Christian

They dumped the contents of their adorable backpacks at the front door.  "Look mama!  A special envewope for you."  I nervously opened the sealed brown envelopes... my babies are now official mini-big girls.  I pored over their reports carefully, read the teacher's comments box, "Your child is on track for promotion" and took a deep fulfilling s i i i i i g h of pleased relief.  Yah baybeez.

We celebrated with a big Mickey Mouse waffle, with raspberry eyes, a banana nose, chocolate ice cream ears, and whipped cream smile.  Then we jumped in the pool for a celebratory swim.  This is what a happy mama feels like, woohoooo!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails